Re: Re: ftp problems

From: Clemens Gruber <clemens.gruber_at_pqgruber.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 21:04:20 +0200

Hi,

I am using the newest version 7.31.0.

You are right, it’s a very old ftp server from OS-9, but because SIZE is
not in the FTP RFC (959), the client should not depend on it. PASV is
also not supported on this server.

I now have two capture files for you (zipped):
http://178.189.19.236:8080/curl_ftp.zip

1) Curl command: curl -O -P - -u user:pass ftp://192.168.0.127/proto.txt
Capture file: curl_ftp.pcap
Result: No progress made, stays at 0% and nothing happens, no file is
written. After 3 Minutes 57 seconds I cancelled it.

2) Curl command: curl -v -O -P - -u user:pass ftp://192.168.0.127/proto.txt
Capture file: curl_ftp_verbose.pcap
Result: < 226 Transfer complete, Connection #0 to ... left intact.
(Transfer was successful; It did take 17 seconds)

Is this just because of higher timeouts? How would you solve this using
libcurl? If it is the timeouts, maybe setting them higher would be a
better solution than setting some debug/verbose flags, I think.
Would be great if cURL could detect such cases and react accordingly
(e.g. raise timeout values and try again)

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,
Clemens