Re: Using threaded resolver by default in Debian?

From: Gennady Proskurin <gprspb_at_mail.ru>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 13:43:36 +0400

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 08:28:02PM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Aug 2013, Gennady Proskurin wrote:
>
> > You can google about curl_multi_remove_handle() function, how it blocks
> > during dns work.
> >
> > Here, for example:
> > http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.curl.library/35514
>
> Sorry, but I consider that report mostly bogus as no significant details were
> revailed or brought up. Why would it block curl_multi_remove_handle() ?

Just now I took "multi-single" example from curl distribution, added some debug
printfs, compiled libcurl with threaded resolver, and multi-single finally always
blocks in curl_multi_remove_handle() if started without network.
For non-threaded resolver it block in curl_multi_perform()

I think you as library developer have more understanding on what's going on

From some discussions in internet I thought that it is "known bug" and there is
no easy fix for that.

I have no much time for debugging this issue, c-ares option completly satisfies
me, but I can give additional information if you point me to right direction.