RE: SMTP with TLS -> Problems after upgrading from 7.29 to 7.34

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 14:21:15 +0000

On Tue, 31 Dec 2013, Kerry Loux wrote:

> I was not using CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST, nor was I setting
> CURLOPT_UPLOAD.  Setting CURLOPT_UPLOAD to 1L seems to have
> solved the issue of the VRFY requests, and the output now reports
> that the mail was successfully sent (< 250 2.0.0 OK ...).  The output is
> very much the same as with earlier version of libcurl.
>
> I'm not sure if the examples are actively maintained, but it might be a
> good idea to add "curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_UPLOAD, 1L);" to
> the example here (and perhaps others?):

The examples should really have included that and I must admit I assumed
they did :(

As such I have updated the existing SMTP examples and am currently in the
process of adding new ones to demonstrate the use of other commands such as
VRFY and EXPN.

> Also, yes I was informed that I stupidly posted my base64 encoded
> login information, and I have now changed my password.
> Thanks for the many alerts.

Ooops - you're not the first and I'm pretty sure you won't be the last ;-)

> Thanks for you help,

You're welcome.

Kind Regards

Steve