Compile curl 7.33 under xCode 5.1 iOS SDK 7.1

From: Elio Francesconi <elio.francesconi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 15:38:57 +0100

Hi all,

I’ve updated xCode to version 5.1 and I’ve tried to compile curl with the latest iOS SDK released by Apple 7.1, but the compilation phase failed. I’ve attached below an example.
export IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET="4.3"

export CC="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang"
export CFLAGS="-arch armv7 -pipe -Os -gdwarf-2 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Deveoper/SDKs/iPhoneOS7.1.sdk"
export LDFLAGS="-arch armv7 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS7.1.sdk"

./configure --host=armv7-apple-darwin --with-zlib --disable-shared --enable-static --disable-ipv6 --disable-manual --disable-verbose

make -j `sysctl -n hw.logicalcpu_max`
I noticed this issue when configure is invoked:

elios-mbp:curl-7.33.0 elio$ ./configure --host=armv7-apple-darwin --with-zlib --disable-shared --enable-static --disable-ipv6 --disable-manual --disable-verbose
checking whether to enable debug build options... no
checking whether to enable compiler optimizer... (assumed) yes
checking whether to enable strict compiler warnings... no
checking whether to enable compiler warnings as errors... no
checking whether to enable curl debug memory tracking... no
checking whether to enable hiding of library internal symbols... yes
checking whether to enable c-ares for DNS lookups... no
checking for path separator... :
checking for sed... /usr/bin/sed
checking for grep... /usr/bin/grep
checking for egrep... /usr/bin/grep -E
checking for armv7-apple-darwin-ar... no
checking for ar... /usr/bin/ar
checking for armv7-apple-darwin-gcc... /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether we are cross compiling... yes
checking whether /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang accepts -g... yes
checking for /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang option to accept ISO C89... unsupported
checking whether /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang understands -c and -o together... rm: conftest.dSYM: is a directory
yes
checking how to run the C preprocessor... /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -E
checking for armv7-apple-darwin-strip... no
checking for strip... strip
configure: WARNING: using cross tools not prefixed with host triplet
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... ./install-sh -c -d
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... no
checking for awk... awk
checking whether make supports nested variables... yes
checking dependency style of /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang... gcc3
checking curl version... 7.33.0
checking build system type... x86_64-apple-darwin13.1.0
checking host system type... armv7-apple-darwin
checking for sys/types.h... no
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... no
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... (cached) /usr/bin/grep
checking for egrep... /usr/bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... no
checking for sys/types.h... (cached) no
checking for sys/stat.h... no
checking for stdlib.h... no
checking for string.h... no
checking for memory.h... no
checking for strings.h... no
checking for inttypes.h... (cached) no
checking for stdint.h... (cached) yes
checking for unistd.h... no
checking size of long... 0
checking size of void*... 0
configure: error: cannot find out size of long.

Has someone experience on this issue?
Thanks
Elio