RE: Let the user specify the download buffer

From: Damian Lezama <Damian.Lezama_at_riverbed.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 17:17:18 +0000

> I would like to have a "CURLOPT_BUFFER" option, so I can instruct libcurl to
> copy the data there directly. What are your thoughts about adding
> it/accepting a patch?

I recently was dealing with pause/unpause, and the creation of a temporary buffer and memcpy on each pause was a little scary. Also, changing the size (16K) for max callback write size didn't work for me, and doing it via #define is not the best way.

I definitely see value in telling libcurl "these are the buffer and size for this easy handle". Just my 2 cents :)

Thanks,
Damian