Re: Yet another libcurl Broken Pipe (Ubuntu 14)

From: Wagner Patriota <wagner.patriota_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 18:27:28 -0300

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 5:58 PM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> On Mon, 12 May 2014, Wagner Patriota wrote:
>
> Is there anything in my code that I am missing that could cause this
>> crash?
>>

> What is the crash exactly? What happens or what does it say? I suspected
> SIGPIPE but you're using 7.36.0 that I believe will ignore SIGPIPE
> correctly for this case.

Yes, SIGPIPE.

> char contentLength[ 512 ];
>> snprintf( contentLength, sizeof( contentLength ), "Content-Length:
>> %zu", p_sizeOfChunk );
>>

> Don't do this. libcurl is much better doing Content-Length: by itself.

Thanks. I will take your advice.

> - Curl 7.36.0
>>

> Very new!
>

> - OpenSSL 1.0.1f 6 Jan 2014
>>

> This version is vulnerable to Heartbleed, you should upgrade it.

No, it's not! Ubuntu 14.04 has been released after heatbleed. But they
decided to fix the heartbleed on 1.0.1f instead of upgrade to 1.0.1g, so
the release would not be delayed. The version shows 6 Jan 2014, but in fact
it has the fix for heartbleed after 7, april... ;-)

 #0 0x00007ffff65ad35d in write () at ../sysdeps/unix/syscall-template.S:81
>> #1 0x00007ffff73187a6 in ?? () from
>> /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
>> #2 0x00007ffff731684b in BIO_write () from
>> /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
>>

> If my initial questions don't take us all the way, one very good next step
> could be to build OpenSSL from source or somehow otherwise get the debug
> systems for it so that you'd get a full stack trace to the crash point.

I did it.

> Also, it'd be very useful if you could produce a repeatable (full) source
> code that we can run in our ends to reproduce the problem.

Not necessary anymore... thanks for your other answer! ;-)