Re: curl-users Digest, Vol 107, Issue 12

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2014 09:21:14 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 1 Aug 2014, Madhavi Gundeti wrote:

Let me remind you that curl-library is the mailing list for problems with and
questions about libcurl the library. *This* list is for curl the tool.

I'm CC'ing my response to the libcurl mailing list now and I hope you will
take follow-ups to that list instead of here.

Also, if you want to participate on a mailing list we STRONGLY suggest you
switch off the digest mode for the list and stop top-posting.

> Yes, Mavericks and Mountain Lion versions are using Curl 7.30 with OpenSSL.
> Direct install of my application is working perfectly fine. But If I upgrade
> Mountain Lion with my application to Mavericks then again I am getting curl
> 35 error.

Let me emphasize that we here are not Apple (or any other OS vendor) and we
don't deal with "Mavericks" or "Mountain Lion", we deal with curl versions
built against different third party support libraries. You'll get better

>> libssl and libcrypto are for OpenSSL. What does "added the latest version"
>> mean exactly? Did you build the latest curl from source?

> No. I downloaded latest libcurl.4 from "
> http://www.hmug.org/pub/MacOS_X/BSD/Applications/Internet/curl/".
> And added to Xcode project then rebuilt my application and tested. But No
> use.

I've never seen hmug.org before. But it says that their curl build is using
openssl...

> And I upgrade the curl version from 7.30 to 7.37 on Yosemite Beta. Still I
> am facing the same error 56.

Wait! You downloaded libcurl from hmug *and* you updated the version in
"Yosemite Beta" ? So then in the end, which libcurl are you using in your
application?

> Here I am facing 2 curl errors in 2 different cases.
> Case 1. During upgrades from Mountain Lion to Mavericks -- Error 35.
> This problem I solved temporarily by adding "sslv3" version to my
> curl call. And I wrote a while loop for continuous curl request.
> Ex: curl -v -3 "My server URL" -- Repeating this call 10 times.
> But curl call is successful after 4 to 5 minutes.

Sorry, but this is too few details for me to understand exactly what's
happening. Does it work with "sslv3" after 4 to 5 minutes?

Is that with an OpenSSL or darwinssl curl?

> Case 2. On Yosemite alone, Direct install of my application is failing with
> Error 56.
> No solution.

Did you research the darwinssl error code? What did you learn about it?