Re: Bug with cleaning up connection cache

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 15:23:51 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 20 Aug 2014, Paras S wrote:

> On calling Curl_disconnect, the current easy object's state is modified,
> even if conn_candidate may have nothing to do with the current easy object.

Hi Kamil,

I want to move away the call to Curl_speedinit() from Curl_disconnect() since
it sets easy handle state when a connection is closed, which is a bad thing.

You added this call in commit f551aa5c16 (more than three years ago) referring
the redhat bug at https://bugzilla.redhat.com/679709.

I'm now trying to figure out exactly why the fix was made in order to make
sure we don't introduce a regression when I move away this. Do you remember
any more details whan what is publicly available there?

It seems to imply that something used the transfer speed values in a bad way
for a subsequent transfer but I can't really figure out how that would happen.

It is otherwise called from within do_init() which seems like a good place -
it gets cleared early on when a new request is about to start.