Re: Curl 7.38 gets stuck in SSL Handshake with Proxies

From: <alibek.joraev_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 09:06:35 +0100

yep, I fully agree. I could not reproduce it with standalone app.
actual app injects its own sockets, filesystem and i have also customized kerberos build. Also, several threads (each with easy handle and one single thread on select) and several parallel http requests are running and it happens in the midst of them.
so, it is hard to reproduce it in standalone case (i did build standalone app and it works fine). one of my theories is that Curl uses preconnected sockets in such a way that somewhere socket state is not taken into account. i patched Curl in few places hoping to fix it, but it di not help.
i decided to wait for 7.39. my migration from 7.24 to 7.37 is already a big jump.
however, i will keep thinking and experimenting and let you immediately if I find something...
but in any case, thanks for following up abd helping :)