Re: Inclusion of Connection-Specific Headers in h2c

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 18:32:54 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 21 Nov 2014, Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa wrote:

> Is there protocol implementation in libcurl which already multiplexes
> requests/streams? If yes, we can do the similar approach and make
> multiplexing possible.

HTTP 1.1 pipelining is the only supported concept that involves multiple
transfers (easy handles) that share the same physical connection. I view
multiplexing as basically improved pipelining but the differences also
probably make the implementations different enough to require some fiddling to
get done right.

We just have to dive in and start adding code that makes this possible.

I wanted to get a basic http2 test setup done first so that it'll be easier to
setup a few tests to make sure the basics work and to do it in a controlled
way, but of course it isn't strictly necessary to do this first.