moving the 7.40.0 release forward

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 11:50:17 +0100 (CET)

Hey all,

We're pushing the pending 7.40.0 release forward a tiny bit and the new
release date is set to January 8th, 2015.

One reason behind this decision is that we're likely to announce a security
advisory in association with the release and we don't want that to happen in a
period that that is mid-holiday to so many people (including myself).

This new date also fits my own personal planning better since I'll be
traveling a bit during the original release date period - with uncertain
connectivity conditions.

Hopefully this will also allow us to close a bug or two more before we ship!

I intend to otherwise keep the set dates for future releases though, which
will make our feature window following 7.40.0 roughly one week shorter than
normally. The feature window for post-7.40.0 will close on January 28th as per
the release calendar.