RE: Adding support for BoringSSL

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 21:55:39 +0000

On Thu, 22 Jan 2015, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> With two additional commits I made curl build and link fine with BoringSSL, as-is.

Unfortunately this removes NTLM support on Windows when OpenSSL is being used.

I don't know if I am missing something but I can't find where HAVE_DES_SET_ODD_PARITY is being defined.

If it isn't should the following:

#if defined(USE_SSLEAY) && !defined(HAVE_DES_SET_ODD_PARITY)

Be something like:

#if defined(USE_SSLEAY) && !defined(DES_set_odd_parity) && \
    !defined(des_set_odd_parity)

Or

#if defined(USE_SSLEAY) && defined(OPENSSL_IS_BORINGSSL)

Or

#if defined(USE_SSLEAY) && !defined(OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER)

I think for some (all) of these to work - we would have to include the OpenSSL header files first which I guess we don't want to do although I guess for the latter you could do something like:

#if defined(USE_SSLEAY)
#include <openssl/opensslv.h>
#endif

...which I think would be pretty harmless - but is that header file present for OpenSSL compatible libraries?

Any hints / thoughts / corrections to my ramblings would be much appreciated ;-)

Kind Regards

Steve