Re: HTTP2: HTTP/1.1 in libcurl's verbose output

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 23:26:31 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 28 Jan 2015, Mohammad_AlSaleh wrote:

> I'm testing HTTP2 support in libcurl. At first glance, things seem to
> work correctly. But GET lines in libcurl's verbose output seem wrong:
>
>> GET / HTTP/1.1
>
> The reply however looks correct:
>
> < HTTP/2.0 200
>
> Am I missing something?

Ah.

First: yeah, this is probably something we should fix so that users who see
this request won't be mislead into believing this is actually a 1.1 request.

The request you see output when doing a HTTP/2 request is actually completely
made up and it is not how it will be sent for real over the wire. Over the
wire there will be a binary and compressed chunk of data. I decided to show
the requeset in 1.1-style since it is the that same information that is sent
and it makes it familiar and easy for users to see what the request contains.

The specific version number in this request is never actually sent over the
wire in the request. It is only shown like this.