Re: Delphi binding

From: Mikhail Merkuryev <mercury13_at_ukr.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 23:57:38 +0200

On 21.02.2015 22:53, Jeff Pohlmeyer wrote:

> Nice work, Mikhail. I wrote a Delphi binding many years ago, but it is no longer
> maintained by me, since I don't use Delphi/FPC anymore. It's good to see someone
> else picking up the torch!
>
> - Jeff

Thanks. The main challenge for me (and probably non-existent in Lazarus
— though I don’t know) is proper Unicode support. As far as I see, in
URLs everything you need is encode to UTF-8. And what’s, for example, in
headers? In file names? In HTTP responses?

I know, cURL is mostly used in REST-like services because of its
flexibility, so these problems are non-existent — 128+ characters are
encoded in a predictable fashion; e.g. in my service as Unicode points
in JSON. But we xUSSR use quite a zoo of encodings (at least two
one-byte encodings are still widely used), so this is a question of pride!