how do I create websocket client with libcurl (was: A quick hack to support Websocket with libcurl)

From: YAMADA Yasuharu <yasuharu.yamada_at_access-company.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 17:23:16 +0900

Hello all,

I created a websocket client application with cURL 7.28.0 or before like
attached file.
# attached file is dummy code
I use multi_perform() for connecting server because the application works
progressively.
I mean it doesn't want to use blocking API like easy_perform().

It works fine until 7.28.0. But it dose not work since 7.29.0.
easy_send() returns CURL_SOCKET_BAD from Curl_getconnectinfo().
I guess because cURL changes the concept how to use easy and multi.

I hope it works fine for 7.40.0 or later.

So I have questions:
- that dummy code is correct how to use cURL API?
- there is another way to create the application?

Best regards,
thanks
YAMADA Yasuharu
ACCESS CO., LTD.