Re:Re:Re: libcurl post_callback

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 09:05:14 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 11 Aug 2015, lu wrote:

> The type of parameters CURLFORM_CONTENTSLENGTH, it's type is long ? If i
> want to upload large file in 32bit program , how to do ?

That's not possible! We need to fix that but it isn't obvious exactly how
since the curl_httppost struct is public.

We've previously discussed fixing the dreadful curl_formadd() API with
something with better typ safety and easy-to-use so perhaps the time has come
now. Then we can also make sure it works for >32bit file sizes for systems
with 32bit longs. (It was recently mentioned here[1]).

I'm just not able to pull that work off entirely on my own in the near term
future at least.

> And how can i get error info from CURLFORMcode

What do you mean with "error info" ? It is a return code that returns
different errors depending on what error it caught. There aren't that many
different codes and they're listen in an enum in the curl/curl.h header file.

[1] = https://github.com/bagder/curl/issues/346#issuecomment-127131809