Re: libcurl-symbol-version.h (was Re: Welcome to the "curl-library" mailing list)

From: Elia Pinto <gitter.spiros_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 17:38:13 +0200

Il 02/Set/2015 16:26, "Daniel Stenberg" <daniel_at_haxx.se> ha scritto:

> On Wed, 2 Sep 2015, Elia Pinto wrote:
>
>> In fact, the question is: why the libcurl-symbol-version.h is not part
of the libcurl development header?

>> In fact this file, being generated from symbols-in-versions, will be
updated possibly with new releases of curl, and so need periodic
maintenance for other program. I think this it would be very helpful.

> Now that's certainly an idea worth considering!
>
> We already have a test that makes sure the source file
symbols-in-versions is in sync with the header files and the symbols
therein so generating a header file based on that would be fairly reliable
and not hard to do!

> Is the current symbols.pl output good enough to use in an application you
think? If we're moving this up a notch and make the output "official" we
should review it closer and make sure it truly works in a way we can
support for years going forward!

For me it is a Good change to do. Thanks.

Best regards