RE: Specifying the authentication mechanism

From: Patrick Monnerat <patrick.monnerat_at_dh.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 08:55:41 +0000

Steve Holme wrote:

> In that Pull Request I opened up the question of whether we should be using the HTTP AUTH option for LDAP and whether we should look at merging the SASL authentication mechanisms with the HTTP option?

Hi Steve,

I may not be the good person for W$ LDAP, but I've looked at the openldap backend and I really would like to implement SASL authentication via our SASL procedures.

Unfortunately, this requires implementing a "binary mode" in the sasl module. I already started it, but it is stalled yet since I'm very busy.

I have no particular opinion about the curl tool options. But does it make sense to have option --digest for a non-HTTP protocol ?

Cheers,
Patrick

the system manager.

Clearswift for the presence of computer viruses.

www.clearswift.com