RE: obsoleting ONE of the windows build systems

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2016 19:56:52 +0100

On Mon, 8 Aug 2016, Rod Widdowson wrote:

> What's the story with the projects\vcXXX tree. I think that it is less capable> than the command line, but we are trying to move our projects that way
It was always going to be work in progress, however, my initial aim was to add support for other versions of Visual Studio than just 6 and 8 (I think that is what was there before) as I was using 7.1, 8, 9 and 10 at the time but I also wanted an easy way for Windows programmers to join curl and not feel alienated by the lack of Visual Studio support.
> with, "msbuild foo.sln /p:Debug|Release /platform=x64" being left available> to command line users... It also seems to be the way the Microsoft wants us> to move....

It's nice that other are finding my project files useful ;-)
It would be really cool if we could get zlib support in there and I am of course open to PRs ;-) Jay added support for wolfSSL.
Kind Regards
Steve