RE: obsoleting ONE of the windows build systems

From: Rod Widdowson <rdw_at_steadingsoftware.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2016 10:15:28 +0100

So, to summarise what I'm hearing:

The msbuild/nmake system is 'the' way to do builds, and the vcxproj is aimed at getting people bootstrapped into the project. So if
I was looking at our very much batch-build (2 architectures x 2 profiles) oriented process up I should start by looking at the nmake
process, but you'd listen to any eventual issues we found if we plumped for the vcxproj route..

I'll move forward base on this assumption and evaluate our options. Of course if I can make reasonable proposal for changes to
whichever mechanism we end up using I'll post them as PRs.

Thanks all.

/Rod