curl-and-php

AW: ASPX Active Directory Authentication Help

From: Christian Fanzott <christian_at_tacc.at>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 09:12:21 +0200

hi...i have on some pages the same problem.
the answer for this is, the cookies you send are normaly not stored in the
default cookie-folder on your local computer but in a folder specified by
you. the next problem is, that all cookie informations you get from the site
are stored in a single or more file named by you.
if you now want to "navigate" from the page you got by the use of curl to
the next "regular" page of the site,it will look for the cookies set, when
you navigate to it by typing in the address in the browser, and it searches
them in the folder specified by the page, normaly the default cookie folder
of the browser you use. but if you got the page by the use of curl,with all
cookie information stored in a file/folder defined by you, it won't find any
cookies on the "regular" place and therefore you are redirected back to a
login page for example.
my conclusion for this is:
if you get a site with curl have to use it continuesly for all following
pages of the site otherwise you will always be redirected to the beginning
because of missing "regular" cookies.

i hope this answers your question.and it's not too complicated...
chris