Re: SIGPIPE when uploading with CURLOPT_READDATA

From: Alan Pinstein <>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:09:56 -0400

> Does this system have MSG_NOSIGNAL defined? If you check lib/setup.h
> libcurl uses this argument to its send() calls if it is present:
> Requests not to send SIGPIPE on errors on stream
> oriented sock-
> ets when the other end breaks the connection. The EPIPE
> error is
> still returned.

Hmmm I don't know... lib/setup.h is a CURL source file? I build from
fink so it'll take some twiddling to figure out if this is going on...

Also, is MSG_NOSIGNAL a configure option?

What's the definitive way to tell if it's being used?

How is this related to curl_easy_setopt's CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL? At runtime,
we are doing:

        curl_easy_setopt(curlH, CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL, YES);

> Have you tried to simply have your app ignore SIGPIPE?

Hmm I haven't. Actually it's an interesting idea... I'll have to see
how to catch signals from Cocoa :)