curl-users

Re: ANNOUNCE: curl 6.5

From: Janne Johansson <jj_at_dynarc.se>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 15:38:59 +0100

> I'm pleased to announce that I've just packaged and uploaded the curl 6.5
> tarball. Get the packages from http://curl.haxx.nu as usual.
>
> As usual, I am dependent on helpful people for the ports and binary packages
> to appear on the curl site, and until they have had the time to help, there
> will only be the source archive available for 6.5.

I compiled it on OpenBSD-m68k and have some info and
questions.

OpenBSD's standard SSL libraries are fully functional
according to configure, so OpenBSD users needn't get
OpenSSL to have a full curl. You probably knew that already.

Then the questions:
Firstly, the lib is built with -g but not with -O2, this
makes a 30k difference on m68k. Is it by design?

Secondly, OpenBSD didn't like #include <malloc.h> and says
it's obsoleted by unistd.h. Something to look into?
It still compiles, but it might not work forever with the
"wrong" include-file.
This is what openbsd-2.6+current says when compiling getdate.c

In file included from getdate.y:32:
/usr/include/malloc.h:4: warning: #warning "<malloc.h> is obsolete,
use <stdlib.h>"

If you want to collect strange binaries, I have saved
the m68k-openbsd curl binary at:
ftp://icepic.dynarc.se/pub/curl-openbsd-m68k.tgz

--
Allt är under kontroll, och Caps lock är bredvid.