curl-users

Re: 'automatic configuration script' as proxy

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 07:49:25 +0100 (CET)

Nope. Try FAQ entry 3.14: http://curl.haxx.se/docs/faq.html

> In other words, we - at my site - have to go through a bunch of hoops to get
> a proxy server name. I need to be able to automate this.

Then I sugges that you get a javascript parser and make sure you intrepret
that response page using it.

The last time I had a look, the (only free one I know) javascript parser code
was a bigger code chunk than curl itself.

> ps - if I can get this working, could I somehow get cvs read access using
> curl in this way? I'm thinking through the cvsweb method.. )

Unfortunately, no. CVS does not work over proxies.

I hope to have the curl CVS repository converted over to Subversion one day in
the future, and then you'd be able to access the source repository.