curl-users

Re: [PATH] --data-urlencode

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 16:42:47 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007, Bart Stigall wrote:

> My last project where I had to handle url encode myself I had to also encode
> name. I'm not sure if what I did is the same as encoding the whole string.
> For example I had names like
> ctl00$MainContent$UpdatePanel1|ctl00$MainContent$btnSearchDocType It
> actually took me while to figure out name needed to be encoded. In my case I
> just replaced the $'s and encoded the data.

Yeah, but I figure in most cases the name part will be known for a script so
it wouldn't have to be dynamicly encoded.

Or are you saying that you would rather have the name part URL-encoded by that
option as well?

I figure we could also make variations of the syntax to allow for both
approaches, but I think that feels like way more work than this deserves...
:-)