curl-users

Re: default CA cert bundle/path - not working

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 23:33:13 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 30 Mar 2012, curl.bullrunner_at_spamgourmet.com wrote:

> I know it is probably a matter of opinion, but I would say there is a
> shortcoming in this case in either the configure script or the
> documentation. After battling for days with one obstacle after another,
> admittedly on a steep learning, to be tripped up by something as simple as
> this is a little frustrating. Hopefully we can spare a few people from
> having to learn the hard way in future.

So, ok, after having finally won against configure in this battle, where do
you think the problem is mostly? In the documentation or in the script? I
mean, after having finally made it work do you have any suggestions on what we
should change to make it less cumbersome the next time someone else enters
your situation?

> PS. Any idea how I can create a binary package out of my cURL build?

See packages/AIX/RPM/README for one way. If that's not good enough, I figure
you need to find some AIX docs on how to make packages...