curl-users

Re: default CA cert bundle/path - not working

From: <curl.bullrunner_at_spamgourmet.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 16:44:23 +0200

On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 11:33 PM, Daniel Stenberg - daniel_at_haxx.se
<+curl+bullrunner+5c87cf1773.daniel#haxx.se_at_spamgourmet.com> wrote:
> So, ok, after having finally won against configure in this battle, where do
> you think the problem is mostly? In the documentation or in the script? I
> mean, after having finally made it work do you have any suggestions on what
> we should change to make it less cumbersome the next time someone else
> enters your situation?

Personally I would say the major shortcoming is in the script because
the SSL Cert page of the documentation
http://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html states that, "libcurl performs
peer SSL certificate verification by default. This is done by using
CA cert bundle". So if the script doesn't find any CA cert bundles
then it should configure cURL to use the default, which is
/usr/local/share/curlcurl-ca-bundle.crt. Then when the incumbent gets
to the SSL Cert page they will discover their omission and then they
can just populate the directory with an appropriate bundle without
having to go back to the configure.

I would also say there is a minor shortcoming in the documentation,
maybe on the SSL Cert page, where no mention is made of the default
file and location.