curl-and-php

Re: Configuring PHP with Curl(with ssl) support.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 08:19:06 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Paul McGarry wrote:

> I'm trying to configure PHP with curl support and I am having problems at
> configuration time. The contents of my PHP debug.log file are included
> here, any ideas?

Yes sir. I believe I have.

> The problem seems to stem from the fact that libcurl has SSL support
> compiled in (which I need) as the undefined symbols seem to be part of
> the openssl.

Indeed.

> LIBS: -lcurl -lresolv -lresolv -lm -ldl -lcrypt -lnsl -lsocket
> -lsocket -lgcc

This line looks bad. It has no libssl anywhere! OpenSSL is essentially two
different libraries, the ssl and the crypto libs, and both have to be among
the libs on the link line. A piece of my Solaris makefile for curl with SSL
says:

 LIBS = -lssl -lcrypto -lresolv -ldl -lsocket -lnsl

I also find it odd that you have 'resolv' and 'socket' speicifed twice!