curl-and-php

Re: Configuring PHP with Curl(with ssl) support.

From: Paul McGarry <PaulM_at_opentec.com.au>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 10:47:39 +1100

Hi Daniel,

> > LIBS: -lcurl -lresolv -lresolv -lm -ldl -lcrypt -lnsl -lsocket
> > -lsocket -lgcc
> This line looks bad. It has no libssl anywhere! OpenSSL is essentially
> two different libraries, the ssl and the crypto libs, and both have
> to be among the libs on the link line. A piece of my Solaris makefile
> for curl with SSL says:
> LIBS = -lssl -lcrypto -lresolv -ldl -lsocket -lnsl

Thanks, that has put me on the right track. I have hacked PHP's
configure file so that the line that adds curl to the library
list:

LIBS="-lcurl $LIBS"

now reads:

LIBS="-lssl -lcrypto -lcurl $LIBS"

and all seems well.

Is there a good way that the PHP configure script can detect if
libcurl has SSL support in it and include those libs?
For reference I have created a PHP bug for this issue:
http://bugs.php.net/?id=9642

> I also find it odd that you have 'resolv' and 'socket' speicifed twice!
I'm guessing PHPs configure script just adds libs to LIBS when it
thinks it needs them for a particular module without checking to
see if they are already included.

--
Paul McGarry            mailto:paulm_at_opentec.com.au
Systems Integrator      http://www.opentec.com.au