curl-and-php

Re: Configuring PHP with Curl(with ssl) support.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 10:22:19 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 9 Mar 2001, Paul McGarry wrote:

> Is there a good way that the PHP configure script can detect if libcurl
> has SSL support in it and include those libs? For reference I have
> created a PHP bug for this issue: http://bugs.php.net/?id=9642

Yes. The PHP configure script could try to link a test program with libcurl
if --with-curl is specified and if it fails, it could retry the same with the
SSL libs specified.

This is done with AC_TRY_LINK() and really is quite easy.

I would probably volounteer to write that piece should it be decided to be a
good add-on.

As was suggested by venaas_at_php.net in your bug report, it can also be fixed
by using --with-openssl.