curl-and-php

httpd start error - php (curl) module

From: Graham <gravety_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 19:30:05 -0400

Hi,

PHP works fine with mysql installed - but if I try curl (with or without
  openssl) it compiles fine but httpd won't start givin:

Syntax error on line 205 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/libphp4.so into server:
/usr/local/apache/libexec/libphp4.so: undefined symbol: curl_global_cleanup
/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

This would point to a curl compile error, but I have tried to compile
later (and earlier) versions and both have failed....

I followed the instructions on the curl site for installing with php,
except the bit that said:

"Build PHP (In php-4.0.xpl1 directory)

    1. To make -lssl comes before -lcrypto (as advised), search for
"-lcrypto" in ./configure and put "-lssl" before it."

There are many refs. to -lcrypto in ./configure and i'm not completely
sure what is mean't by this...

Any help would be great thanks, Graham.