curl-and-php

Re: PHP with cURL support as a DSO on a RaQ

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 11:42:38 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, Michelle A. Hoyle wrote:

(Disclaimer: I'm not fluent in neither PHP nor Apache configuration details.)

> curllib compiles into PHP just fine as a DSO for Apache. When Apache
> uses the DSO, it dumps core and dies in a big way without any discernible
> error in the error log.

Is there any possibility that you can dig out some info from that core for
us? To allow us to grasp who the "offender" is.

And there's no other message or anything in some log file?

> I've tried compiling cURL support into PHP 3 or 4 times now and I just
> can't get it to go. cURL compiles fine. PHP compiles fine. PHP with
> cURL compiles fine, even as a DSO. Install the DSO and <Boom!> Recompile
> PHP without cURL as a DSO and it works fine.

I can't even figure out what libcurl could possibly to do make this happen.

Sterling, do get any bright ideas from this?

--
     Daniel Stenberg -- curl dude -- http://curl.haxx.se/