curl-and-php

Re: PHP with cURL support as a DSO on a RaQ

From: Michelle A. Hoyle <michelle_at_transcena.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 13:25:03 +0100

Daniel Stenberg said:
>Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 11:42:38 +0200 (MET DST)
>
>On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, Michelle A. Hoyle wrote:
>
>(Disclaimer: I'm not fluent in neither PHP nor Apache configuration details.)
>
>> curllib compiles into PHP just fine as a DSO for Apache. When Apache
>> uses the DSO, it dumps core and dies in a big way without any discernible
>> error in the error log.
>
>Is there any possibility that you can dig out some info from that core for
>us? To allow us to grasp who the "offender" is.

I can't find the core file for it. I don't know if it's being
cleaned up by something or if it's set to not actually produce 'em.
(I went looking for it earlier to see if I could get some more info
before posting.)

>And there's no other message or anything in some log file?

There is an error in the error log but it's not a very good error.
Apache's error log says:

[Wed Aug 15 17:33:54 2001] [notice] child pid 2638 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)

In other news, someone on the Cobalt user's list said:

>Try searching the list for:
>ClearModuleList Apache 1.3.12 curl
>
>The search results will return lots of similar problems,
>just not a lot of good answers.
>
>I'm having the same type of problem adding new DSO modules
>for Apache to load.

Unfortunately, I didn't turn up anything useful out of that other
than people have successfully managed to get PHP with cURL support as
an Apache DSO up and running on their Raq3 machines, which are very
similar to the Raq4s. Also, some people have library problems --
where Apache can't find the so file. That's not my problem, however.

Michelle