curl-and-php

Re: New Problem with Curl-PHP installation

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 09:03:20 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 19 Oct 2001, Shailesh Dhumal wrote:

*PLEASE* continue addressing the mailing list, not me privately. Also, if
possible, switch off HTML formatting.

> Configuration : Linux RedHat 6.5, PHP-4.0.6, Apache-1.3.20

There never was a RedHat 6.5 AFAIK.

> Initially we have compiled Curl-7.9 with these options
> CPPFLAGS="-I/path/to/ssl/include"
> LDFLAGS="-L/path/to/ssl/lib"
> ./configure --with-ssl=/usr/local/openssl-openssl-0.9.6

Did you do 'make install' afterwards? If so, do you have the directory in
which libcurl.so was installed mentioned in your /etc/ld.so.conf file
(/usr/local/lib as it seems)? Did you rerun 'ldconfig' after you changed the
file?

> After this when we give this command
> ldd /usr/local/apache/libexec/libphp4.so
>
> libcurl.so.2 => not found
>
> warning is displayed on the screen.

Yes, it proves that your system doesn't find the libcurl.so.2 library and
thus it can't work.

> This file is at /usr/local/lib/libcurl.so.2 and also at
> /usr/local/curl-7.9/lib/.libs/libcurl.so.2

That second place will hardly help as no system call would check there for
it.