curl-and-php

Re: SSL errors

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 15:32:17 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Justin R. Miller wrote:

> I'm using cURL with SSL support in PHP to talk to Authorize.Net for a
> credit card gateway. However, on over 10% of the transactions (and this
> is among over 5000 transactions in one test set), I am getting this error
> from cURL:
>
> Error number: 35
> Error message: SSL: error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)
>
> The Authorize.Net server is running IIS 4.0 and I have:
>
> Red Hat Linux 7.1
> OpenSSL 0.9.6
> Apache 1.3.22
> PHP 4.0.6
> cURL 7.9.1

Numerous people with a configuration similar to this (PHP 4.0.6 at least)
seem to have fallen over this, and I believe this is a PHP problem that has
since been fixed in their CVS.

If you search their bug database, you'll see several reports similar to
yours.

So far, I've not reveived a good explanation or even a good solution.