curl-and-php

Re: shutting curl up

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 08:13:51 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, mixo wrote:

[CC'ed to the mailing list]

> >What version of curl/php are you using?
> >
> >Formerly, you needed to set CURLOPT_MUTE to 1 to make it really quiet.

> curl 7.5.2.

Wow, that's a really old version. Curl has become a lot better since that
version was released, try upgrading to 7.9.1!

> And I have tried 'curl_setopt($ch,CURLOPT_MUTE,1)', and still, if the url
> wasn't successfully opened, the url was displayed on the html.

Hm, I'm not very familiar with the PHP adaption so I can't really explain
this. Anyone else?

> P.S Do you know of a place where I can find 'complete' documentation of
> 'php-curl'?

We try to gather php-curl related stuff here:

        http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/php/

The most complete php-curl documentation there is can be found in the PHP
documentation, like on the php.net:

        http://download.php.net/manual/en/ref.curl.php

It is not very complete though. I'm sure you all could contribute a bit
there. Mail in your submissions and improvements to the PHP project or to me,
with updates and corrections.