curl-and-php

Re: AW: CURL in PH 4.1.1 ?!

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 16:22:52 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Dominique Stender wrote:

> It took myself a good deal of time for research, RTFMing and asking the
> right questions to the right people but it can be done. Besides that, if
> you know how it's really easy.

Your input and your feedback in this subject is very valuable.

I hope that we one day can get enough knowledge to fully understand why
things are failing to people and why they don't just follow the
http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/php/install.html install sequence at once and
live happily ever after! ;-)

> Daniel: If you need another howto on the 4.0.6 && curl && https thing I'll
> volunteer to write one. I can not promise an exact date though, times at
> work are tense. I heard from some people that already use the 4.1 branch of
> PHP that the same problem as in 4.0.6 occurs so maybe this solution works
> on the newer versions as well.

The posted problems with 4.1.X look very much like the ones previously
discussed with the 4.0.6 (seen from an outsiders point of view). I would
guess that the solution to these is exactly the same as before.

But yes, I think we need another howto. We need a guide titled "I got
problems with HTTPS + curl + PHP how do I fix it?". I would just *love* to
point people to such a one.