curl-and-php

Re: problems installing curl on php

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 14:27:05 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Funaki wrote:

> I'm new to this list.. hope you don't mind I already ask one question! :-)

Most certainly not. Just fire away!

> ./configure --with-mysql --with-apache=../apache_1.3.20/
> --enable-track-vars --with-config-file-path=/etc/
> --with-curl=/opt/curl-7.9.3
>
> it finally says:
>
> checking for CURL support... yes

> checking for cURL greater than 7.8.1... ./configure: curl-config: command
> not found
> configure: error: cURL version 7.8.1 or later is required to compile php
> with cURL support

When you install curl, however you do that, you should get a tool named
'curl-config' installed as well and that should be in your path. That tool
outputs information about the libcurl installation.

The PHP configure script correctly tries to run curl-config to figure out
where libcurl is in your system, but for some reason it fails.

Are you saying that you install the curl binaries from rpm but you don't get
the curl-config tool? Ah, perhaps you need the -devel RPM?

> as you can see, CURL is already installed (RPM)

No, I can't see that!

> /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc -O2 -o curl main.o hugehelp.o
> urlglob.o writeout.o ../lib/libcurl.la -lssl -lcrypto -ldl
> gcc -O2 -o .libs/curl main.o hugehelp.o urlglob.o writeout.o
> ../lib/.libs/libcurl.so -lssl -lcrypto -ldl -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib
> ../lib/.libs/libcurl.so: undefined reference to `atexit'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

> Okay.. it's german.. but does anybody know this error?

I think this indicates some problem with your glibc/gcc combination or
something. I personally build curl on several different Linux boxes very
frequently, and I've never seen this happen. In fact, Linux is probably the
most commonly used machine by people who build curl from source and this has
not been reported before!