curl-and-php

Re: Curl and PHP problem

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 07:57:20 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, Darren Mckeeman wrote:

> I have recently upgraded a working curl-PHP-apache setup -- the reason for
> this install was the PHP security flaw recently discovered.
>
> The working installation was:
>
> Linux RH 7.2
> curl 7.8
> apache 1.3.20
> PHP 4.0.6
>
> I have upgraded it to:
> curl 7.9.3
> apache 1.3.20
> PHP 4.1.2
>
> Now, curl not only is broken -- but the only indication of this is a line in
> error_log that says
>
> * Closing connection #0

That line is printed to stderr when you have VERBOSE set TRUE. It should've
printed a few other lines as well.

> So, does anyone have a clue as to what is going on? My biggest problem is
> that I try to install the old module, and it says the same thing -- and
> this is the only thing that changed.

I assume that the command line tool works fine?

I'm sorry, I don't have many clues to share. All these PHP problems with curl
are more or less *all* related to building and initing PHP, which is unknown
territory to me.

There have been many posts here in the past on how to deal with this. One of
the most recent is Paul's mail:
http://curl.haxx.se/mail/curlphp-2002-02/0024.html