curl-and-php

(no subject)

From: David Rochwerger <david.rochwerger_at_pracom.com.au>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 08:45:26 +1100

Hi all,

I have spent many hours today, trying to figure out how to use telnet via
PHP. Both the curl site and PHP site have almost zero documentation
regarding telnet. I have perused all the mailing lists and there is no
answer there either. I have looked at about 20 other related websites and
mailing lists, and the question is often asked "how do i use telnet in PHP"
but no-one actually answers it.

I know I can use the curl_init, curl_setopt,curl_exec and curl_close
commands. I also know that there is an option that can be set called
"TELNET_OPTIONS".

All i want to know is the syntax (or perhaps an example) so that i can
basically do the following:
* connect (via telnet) to a host
* send a string (login)
* wait one second
* send another string(password)
* wait one second
* send another string(a command).
* close the connection

This functionality could have a HUGE positive impact for current and future
applications for my company, increasing efficiency exponentially.

Regards,
David