curl-and-php

Re: PHP Curl example

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 20:35:12 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, mglazer wrote:

[This reply is CC'ed to the curl-and-php mailing list.]

> I was looking at your PHP Curl examples for getting the contents of a
> webpage (http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/php/examples/) and was wondering if it
> was possible to recursively gather the contents of a website not just one
> single page but multiple WebPages at once?

(lib)curl has no knowledge of file contents. It doesn't know or understand
HTML or any other kind of text.

If you want to use curl for getting HTML pages, you need to parse the HTML
"yourself" (using the appropriate tools) and then tell curl what more pages
to fetch.

Others have made programs like this using curl before.

I hope this helps.

August 25-28 in Las Vegas - http://devcon.sprintpcs.com/adp/index.cfm?source=osdntextlink