curl-and-php

Re: Where can I find php_curl.dll?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 13:43:22 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 10 Jun 2002, David Bindel wrote:

[This reply is cc'ed the curl and php list.]

> I'm trying to find a copy of libcurl for PHP. All the websites I have
> found on this topic point to php4win, but that site is currently offline
> looking for another hosting provider. Aren't there any mirrors or other
> sources I can get libcurl for PHP from?

I get this question so many times.

There is no such thing as "libcurl for PHP". libcurl is one piece of
software, PHP is another. PHP contains glue code to offer PHP coders a
convenient function API to libcurl. When this is built on a windows machine,
this is packaged into the file named php_curl.dll. (Feel free to correct me
where I'm wrong.)

In my brain, *anyone* that can build PHP on Windows would be able to do this.

Experience tells me that this statement is only a far-fetched dream.

So people go about trying to find this DLL. I don't have any clues on where
to find it. For some reason this seems like an itch that no one wants to
scratch... I don't even use Windows myself.

Sorry. I am not a PHP hacker.

August 25-28 in Las Vegas - http://devcon.sprintpcs.com/adp/index.cfm?source=osdntextlink