curl-and-php

Re: Installation problem.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 16:35:37 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Spiros Vazaloukas wrote:

> I configure PHP for curl support: ./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql
> --with-apache=/php401/apache_1.3.26 --with-curl=/usr/local/lib
> --enable-track-vars
>
> But I don't actually get curl support.... The output of the './configure'
> doesn't shows anywhere that curl support is added to PHP

I'm sorry, but I think this question is much better answered in a PHP forum.

You could however start with investigating your config.log file and check for
the curl tests in there and possible see if you can figure out why the test
for curl failed.

Also make sure that ldconfig has been run, that the libcurl.so directory is
in the /etc/ld.so.conf directory and that the 'curl-config' tool is in your
path before you run PHP's configure script (as I figure it might use that
tool to find out details about your curl installation).

Oh right, make sure that you don't have two installations of libcurl lying
around as that too might confuse the configure script (just guessing here).

Good luck!