curl-and-php

possible? if so good tutorials

From: William E. T. <triest.1_at_osu.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 21:49:17 -0400

Basically I'm working on a php project where I need to send some info to
a server VIA https and get a response. I beleive that curl can do this,
am I correct? (I beleive so, but hey can't hurt asking).

My real question is I want to know how to verify the servers
certificate. I tried reading the docs on the site, but they were above
my head. I don't want the code just handed to me as I'm an engineering
major, hoping to apply to Computer Science and Engineering soon, so I
like getting my hands dirty. Its just what I read didn't give me enough
information (remember I've never used curl before so I need things
really spilled out for me).

Any links would be appreciate as google search's haven't prooved
helpful. I'll be acessing curl via php (yes my host compiled php with
curl support, and I did a curl-config --feature and it returned ssl so
my understanding is that all this should be possible.

Thanks,
William