curl-and-php

Re: POST

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 10:32:10 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, Roger wrote:

> I'm on website <www.abcdef.com>. On this website, there is a form that
> POSTs to <www.abcdef.com/process.php>. I fill out the form and press
> submit. In my web browser, the url now shows: <www.abcdef.com/process.php>

Right, because your browser sent off the POST and then followed the Location:
that header returned.

> I own website <www.123456.com>. Here is what is happening: I type in:
> <www.123456.com/send.php?data1&data2&data3> and send.php will POST the
> "data" to <www.abcdef.com/process.php>. However, in my web browser the url
> shows <www.123456.com/send.php?data1&data2&data3>. How do I make the url
> show <www.abcdef.com/process.php>?

Your program does the POST to the remote site, the browser that views the
page which contains your program of course has no idea where you would want
it to "go".

So, your program could do the POST to the remote server and then send a
Location: to the browser to go there.

But, the "www.abcdef.com/process.php" will assume a POST when someone "goes"
there so it'll most likely just make things very confusing.

I think you're confusing what your program does and what you want the browser
to do, and you try to interchange between those two in a way I think you'll
have problems succeeding with.