curl-and-php

RE: cURL easy in PHP

From: <vah330_at_excite.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 15:35:08 -0400 (EDT)

> > I was hoping to use a persistant connection with the curl_easy
> > functions to try to speed retrieval of multpile files from the
> > same host but from within a PHP script. From the cURL
> > documentation I gather this can be done by
> > reusing the same file handle for subsequent calls to
> > curl_easy_perform()?

> Right, libcurl supports re-using of the same handle to achieve
> persistant connections etc. But AFAIK, the PHP/CURL module does
> not offer this (yet).

Thanks Daniel, I wasn't aware that the cURL module for PHP was different.

> I know there is work in progress to make this available to PHP
> programmers as well. I don't know how far it has reach or when
> anything will be available though.
>
> I'm quite sure the people who work on that would appreciate all
> help they can get.

If I was any more than a PHP novice I would certainly offer to help. As it is, the best I can do is offer my encouragement that this be on the to-do list for upcoming improvements. I think it would be very beneficial to PHP users.

Thanks again.

Dan O.