curl-and-php

cURL, PHP & Javascript

From: David Withnall <withnall_at_connexus.net.au>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 13:18:30 +1100

Here's an interesting one for you,

I'm trying to interact with a webpage using cURL. However, the people at the other end have decided
to include sessionIDs using javascript and use them as variables in HTTP GET request
eg http://blah.com/report.jsp?sessionid=bork

What I need to be able to do is get the value bork

The javascript that they use to get it is

sessionID = parent.content.document.all("SessionID")

this is then used like this

parent.content.location = "blah&sessionID" + sessionID

as such the link is generated dynamically at the time you click on it. rather than at the time of
page generation. which means I can't download the file and then pull the sessionid from it.

So back to the point,

Does anyone out there know how I could get the javascript SessionID using cURL?
It is not the same as JSESSIONID assigned in the cookie file.

Cheers
D.