curl-and-php

Re: cURL support in PHP

From: Steve Keller <skeller_at_healthtvchannel.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 08:42:08 -0800

At 6/19/2003 11:41 AM, Thomas Bähr [Office] wrote:

> So my guess is if you find a hosting service which offers php the chance
that they have compiled it
> with cURL support is really low under normal circumstances. Because one
would only do so
> if one needs that.

True. But this is where your list of services with your host comes into
play. Some hosts will allow access to either "Ports" (which will actually
automate installations on systems like FreeBSD) or will actually give you
shell access to do an install on your own, although not all ISPs offer that.

Our current host, Interland, offers both, but they don't support either.
Which means, of course, that I've been running to the mailing lists for
help every other day :)

--
S. Keller
UI Engineer