curl-and-php

Re: pbl with certs

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 19:35:39 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Gaetano Giunta wrote:

> Then I upgraded the php version to the latest (and curl too, of course), and
> put the pages on the production server, and all I get is an invalid cert
> error. The connection seems to work if I turn off verifypeer and verifyhost,
> though.

If you turn off verifypeer and verifyhost it doesn't verify the peer anymore.

> Has anyone experienced similar problems?

Can you repeat these problems with the command line tool curl?

> Is the newer version of curl more picky about certificates?

I can't tell. Which version is the newer one? Which version is the older one?

If the older was older than 7.10 and the newer is newer than 7.9.8, then yes
libcurl is then what you might call "more picky".