curl-and-php

pbl with certs

From: Gaetano Giunta <giunta.gaetano_at_sea-aeroportimilano.it>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 18:46:11 +0200

Hello,

I have trouble using verification of certificates in the following situation: php 4.3.2 on IIS (win 2003) talks to a php on Apache server passing thru ISA SSL redirection.

I got the ISA cert and converted it to PEM format, and somehow managed to get the connection working with both sslverifypeer set to true and verifyhost set to 2. I used a test machine with apache + php 4.2 for that.

Then I upgraded the php version to the latest (and curl too, of course), and put the pages on the production server, and all I get is an invalid cert error. The connection seems to work if I turn off verifypeer and verifyhost, though.

Has anyone experienced similar problems? Is the newer version of curl more picky about certificates?

Thanks for any advice,
gaetano